What is it?
The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is a new, free way to help you plan your giving and, if you are a tax payer, to donate through Gift Aid (which allows us to claim an extra 25% of your donation from the government if you are a UK tax payer). Whether you want to start giving to our church on a regular basis or currently give by other means, you can easily sign up to this secure and efficient Direct Debit system.
How many other parishes use this scheme?
PGS is tried, tested and highly recommended by over 40,000 people in nearly thirty Church of England dioceses for its reliability and ease of use.
How do you sign up?
Please scroll down to download an information sheet and the application form, fill it in and post it to the address on the application form. Our Churchwarden Samantha Carter will be happy to advise and assist with completion of the form – click here to send her an email.
Parish Giving Scheme has recently introduced telephone registrations. New donors can ring PGS directly and set up their Direct Debit over the phone without the need to post in a physical form. The number to ring is 0333 002 1271. Make sure you have your bank details to hand. You will also need the name of our church (St Mary Denham, Diocese of Oxford) and our PGS registration number, which is 270627581. Calls will usually last around fifteen minutes
How can I make changes to my existing regular gift?
We know that circumstances change and your ability to give may increase or decrease over time. If you wish
to make a change please notify the Parish Giving Scheme. The easiest way is by telephone (0333 002 1271). Please have the following information to hand:
- Your PGS reference number (found below your address on PGS correspondence)
- The church you are giving to (St Mary Denham, Diocese of Oxford)
- How much your existing gift is for
- What you would like it changed to
- When you would like this change to be brought into effect
Should you wish to have a confidential conversation about your options in changing your gift, please don’t hesitate to contact our church office (01895 832771) or the Parish Giving Scheme (0333 002 1271).
How about confidentiality?
Only our treasurer knows how much you give.
Can I give in other ways?
Please click here to find out about other ways to give to Denham Parish Church.
Did you know…?
- As a parish church we are raising all our funds (including those for the maintenance and running of our buildings) ourselves — there is no other external source of income.
- We raise 75 percent of our annual budget through regular Planned Christian Giving of church members.
- To keep our income steady from year to year we are depending on new people to start giving in this way as each year some of our regular givers pass away or move away.
- A donation falls in value if it does not increase with inflation. If you gave a monthly donation of £20 since the year 2004, that donation was worth £12.93 in real terms in 2019. PGS allows you the option to increase your giving annually in line with inflation.
- The vast majority of churches where regular giving is taught and practised are growing churches.
- Regular giving doesn’t only ensure that we cover our expenses this year, but enables our church to share Christ’s love with more people and in new ways next year.
- At Denham Parish Church, we currently give 5 percent of our income to our five mission partners.
Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. 1 Chronicles 29:14
DOWNLOAD INFORMATION SHEETS AND GIVING FORM HERE:
(If you cannot download these files or if you have no printer, please contact our church office to send them to you in the post!)