This sermon was preached by Christoph Lindner on 17th November 2019 at our 10.30 service.
It is based on 2 Thessalonians 3.6-13.
At the end Christoph recommends five steps to avoid idleness in sharing our faith:
- Re-ignite your spiritual life. Regular encounters with God, daily and weekly are key to that. Church services, lifegroup, personal times of prayer and bible reading are a spiritual gym!
- Do good work! No idleness! Whatever context you’re in – as a husband, mother, godparent, grandmother, neighbour, work colleague, pupil, bridge club member, pilates class participant: Do good work! That will earn you the respect of those you are with and open the door to friendship:
- Be a friend to people, get to know them, be the best neighbour you can be. Are you making friends with people who are not like you?
- Don’t hide the fact that you are a Christian and that you go to church. If you are open about the fact that you are a Christian, opportunities will arise. They will eventually ask questions! Simple example: How do you answer the question “what did you do this weekend”?
- Pray regularly for family, friends and neighbours. That God would open their spiritual eyes. Because only God can do that. You and I are only signposts.